"Stephen established an excellent rapport with my son (not an easy task!). A structured revision structure for the syllabus and a graphical 'aid memoire' for key facts. Best of all, it worked! Wholeheartedly recommended"
Steve was a great help to my daughter who was struggling with psychology A Level and on the verge of giving up. He used different techniques and alternative cases to what was being taught in school which gave a different outlook on the subject.
I would recommend Steve and would use his tuition services again if ever needed. Mrs L. Macclesfield
Testimonial for Stephen Renwick.
Stephen tutored my son for 8 months of his GSCE year in 2011-12. It was a great benefit that Stephen came to our home for the sessions. He was always punctual, he was also flexible and understanding. Stephen has a kind, relaxed manner so he and my son quickly developed a great working relationship. Stephen appreciated my son’s attention span and broke up the 1-2 hour sessions accordingly. Usually punctuated with refreshments, chit-chat and teabag throwing contests which became a source of competition and entertainment for my son. Stephen engaged my son in a revision plan set out as a mind map which helped my son to visualize the task ahead and his progressive achievement through the 8 months. Stephen was happy to revise any subject with my son. He successfully encouraged my son to use past papers in order to practice exam technique. Probably the greatest achievement was that Stephen instilled confidence in my son. I would have no hesitation recommending Stephen in this role as GCSE revision tutor.
Dr S. L
- Miss M (5/5) After receiving a lower grade than expected in AS psychology, my auntie suggested getting a tutor and I am so glad I took her advice! Steve's friendly chatty time made psychology more enjoyable and interesting. Steve went through the specification with me and exam questions were made simple and easy to answer by using the techniques that he taught me. I felt like I was improving each session by him setting different tests or targets. Steve turned him up on time every week and because of him I have just confirmed a place at University, thankyou!
Reply from Stephen: I loved the tea, coffee and chocolate biscuits every saturday morning. We had fun, worked hard and got the results! Well done.
- Ellie (5/5) Hi Steve, I received my exam results today, and got 3 B's. This was what I needed to get into York University so I am very pleased. I got a B overall in psychology but I got an A grade in the retake so I would like to say a massive thank you for all your help and support with this exam, I couldn't have done it without you.
Thank you for giving me your help and advice!
Reply from Stephen: That's brilliant. I knew you were nervous but you pulled through in the end. Well done!
- Andy (5/5) Hi Steve, Got ABB in my A levels with a B in psychology. Thanks very much for your help this year. It was definitely with it.
Reply from Stephen: Excellent work, well done!
- Hannah (5/5) Online via Skype: I was tutored at A2 level just before my final exams, the sessions proved highly helpful and I felt much more confident in my exams. The tutor sessions were relaxed yet still very informative and fitted to my needs as a student. Would recommend to any student wanting to reach the higher grades.
- Phillip (10/10): Biggest thing you always had was patience. I struggled a lot with it and it took me a fair while to really grasp such an academic subject. But with your patience and persistence, giving me time and options in ways of learning to get the information properly, I learned so much which has really benefited with the exams.
- Shervin (5/5): Just fantastic!
Reply from Stephen: Thanks very much, you worked really hard and stayed focused. All the best for the future.
- Tanya (9/10): Stephen went through things I was unsure about and broke it down which gave me a better understanding compared to in the classroom. He set my essays and tests every week on what I had done.
- Hannah's Mum (5/5): Stephen was excellent and gave Hannah a better and more structured approach to her coursework enabling her to rapidly acquire new material and more pro- active revision skills. Stephen was meticulous and thorough guiding Hannah through her learning revisiting and testing for acquired knowledge. He related very well to Hannah who felt at ease and she increasingly gained more confidence both in herself and her overall psychology skills. Thanks for the help and at such short notice. We await the results which I am sure through Stephen's help will now be much more positive!
Reply from Stephen: That's great, I wish Hannah all the success in the world. Than you.
- Anita (10/10): Really good lessons, learned a lot in such a short time and it built up my confidence. Thank you.
- Lindsay (9/10): Stephen explained the topics that hadn't been properly explained to me before and they went into more depth.
Reply from Stephen: You have worked and revised really hard, all the best for the exam. It was a pleasure for me to tutor you.
- From Kevin (10/10): The tuition helped with understanding the topics and memorizing the materials.
Reply from Stephen: Over the past 1.5 years I have really enjoyed being your tutor and wish you well at University.
- From Jessica (10/10): The tuition was a big help, thanks so much, I don't know where I would have been without it.
Reply from Stephen: Thanks for the positive feedback, it was a pleasure to help you with your psychology studies. Good luck at University.
- From James (5/5): This session was helpful for mem and I learnt several revision techniques and strategies that would help me take in information more easily and got more of an idea on how to structure an essay.
Reply from Stephen: Glad I could help. looking forward to our next session
- From Jordan (5/5): My son thought Stephen was great, although we only used him for a short time he felt he learned a lot and clarified what had been taught in school. We will contact Stephen again in September.
Reply from Stephen: Thanks very much, it was a pleasure to help your son.
- From Melissa (5/5): The tuition I received made such a difference, having someone there to answer my questions and to help me understand the theories in more depth. Without this I would have been lost. Thanks Steve.
- From Alex (5/5): I had never tried Skype tuition before, but it was very helpful. It's great to have someone there who can explain things and this really helped with my research methods and designs module. Thanks again.
- From Callum (9/10): It was good to have a tutor that was keen, reliable and motivating. Stephen helped me with understanding different perspectives, essay writing and exam techniques. I am now at uni and will be using him again.
- From James B 8.5/10): I had heard of NLP from Tony Robbins books but never really tried it out for myself or in a business capacity. Stephen has a great depth of psychological knowledge and is able to apply these tools to the business arena. I run my advertising agency so the key is to be able to portray a message to the customers. Stephen helped our business to improves its advertising campaigns. Thanks again.
- From Emma (9/10): After getting used to Skype tuition it was fine and I looked forward to my tuition sessions. It helped me understand the debates and research methods in more detail and gave me more confidence in the exam.
- From Andrew (10/10): I was extremely pleased with the support offered from Stephen. He adhered to everything he said he would. extremely efficient and thorough with his support. He went out of his was by posting stuff and emailing. I would definitely recommend him. He was professional and dealt with my struggles effectively and explained things in a way that was easily understood.
- From Stephen (10/10): Stephen established an excellent rapport with my son (not an easy task!). a structured revision structure for the syllabus and a graphical 'aid memoire' for key facts. Best of all, it worked! wholeheartedly recommended.
- From Adam (10/10): Just to let you know I got 92% on research methods and 90% on my other re-sit, my teachers thinks I am on target for an a*.
- From Adam (10/10): The tuition was really helpful, thanks.
- From Andrew (9/10): The revision helped me with understanding the studies and essay skills.
- From Matthew (10/10): What you did for my son was brilliant, before tuition he was thinking of dropping the subject but now wants to keep studying psychology. Thanks so much.
- From Anita (10/10): Thank you, that really helped, brilliant!